- Guns and strippers will always make the front page, first story in the newscast. And they’ll go right on with Full Coverage© of the Breaking Story™ for a week, all the while complaining that we spend too much time on the bad and not enough on the good.
- Guns and strippers are really great timekillers. You can do sidebars on the NRA and assault weapons, special reports on the families of sex trades workers, meaningful moments on mental illness and gun permitting, a commentary on bravery, a station editorial praising the police, a scathing rebuttal on community standards. I’m sorry I’m not an assignment editor now.
- When I was younger, I had “an uncle” in the Massachusetts State Senate. He always told me interesting stories about Massachusetts politics, and instilled in me an understanding of local politics. One of his favorite lines was, “When I retire, I’m going out as Mayor of Fall River.” So...
- There’s a “speak your mind loudly and rashly without thinking much” guy running for Mayor in Fall River. He’s honest about his service to the city as City Councilor. He’s honest about his success at the American Dream (He owns a restaurant). He’s honest about his heritage (He’s a Portuguese immigrant.). He’s honest about his ambition (He wants to be mayor.) He’s actually argumentative and chillingly simplistic. He should learn that he’s really just candid, inconsiderate, and tactless. Which I guess means honest in the SouthCoast.
- This journal was cited by Keri Rodrigues from local radio. Luckily, every six months or so, I have my finger on the pulse. Hanx, K-Rod!
- And don't forget: Tonight starts Hanukkah. To keep you up on the latest swing in CHanukkah Caroling, H.M.S. Impossible presents Kenny Ellis:
Friday, December 15, 2006
Tendered by PJ at 8:04 AM