- Donna Lange and Inspired Insanity were scheduled to dock at Herreshoff in Bristol RI this weekend. Now she'll be celebrating her return from around the world April 28 at 4pm. Lemme heave a great quote from a recent log entry (from the Google) about her trip and the storm system we've all been suffering: "They are going to have to start naming all the tropical storm D's, 'Donna'...I sure have danced with enough of them." When she gets back, she will have traveled 31,000 miles by one of my favorite means of conveyance, a Southern Cross 28'. (Rather the 31'. One can really use the 3 extra feet living aboard.)
- Oh, and this year's Southern Cross Rendezvous in July 21,22. Right here in Apponogansett Bay.
- If you've ever heard This American Life with Ira Glass on your local public radio station, You need to see this 4-minute Chris Ware cartoon. A great fable, with, like all great fables, a moral. Apparently it's on Shotime.
- New kind of protest: People are walking out of bars and businesses if the teevee is turned to Fox. Try it.
- If, next Wednesday April 25 at 9pm, check out Bill Moyers Journal: "Buying The War" (also on PBS) or at least tell others. If you can stand Bill's constant pronunciation of our nation's capitol, "Worshington."
Friday, April 20, 2007
Tendered by PJ at 8:45 AM