Despite the fact that Tall Ships Festival at Beaufort last summer was a $2 million mess due to typical Beachdweller incompetence, further ruined by poor planning and lousy oversight, plus the 4,400 dorks who demanded refunds because they were lined up in what they described as "sweltering heat" to see "the pirate boats" and "captain jack sparrow," here's a partial listing of some of what you can expect from this Summer's Seaside TallShip™ Waterfront Fest-a-Fests:
- Going on right now, the Charleston SC Maritime Festival
- Thursday, May 31 - Sunday, June 10: "Tall Sailing Ships" at the Portland (OR) Rose Festival
- Alexandria VA Waterfront Festival , June 16 & 17 (benefits the Red Cross)
- Also June 16 & 17, Clearwater Festival Great Hudson River Revival
- June 27-July 1: Tall Ships Rhode Island 2007
- Tall Ships Nova Scotia Festival 2007,July 13-23
- The 24th Annual Black Ships Festival July 19-22, Newport RI
- Ocean Breeze Rockin' Blues Festival will be held July 29 at Fort Taber Park, New Bedford MA
- and join us for New Bedford's 2007 Working Waterfront Festival, September 22 & 23
- Try to avoid any mention of the "p word," and not encourage its use. Try a Jack! You've Debauched My Sloth! T-Shirt instead.
- I'm going to stick my feet in the grass -- avoiding Borrelia burgdorferi-carrying insects -- and learn how to play guitar.
- Unless somebody buys me this gaff-rigged Baltic Trader ketch.
(tanbark sails not necessary)