- Big ups to (a)"anonymous3:56" and (b)"pobox9547" for (a) leaving comment, and (b) clarifying that comment (I think). And, the guy who wrote this scatological sophomorism was at town council meeting trying to help with our fiscal crises. Small Beach, innit?
- The Newport Polo season starts tomorrow with a match against Egypt at Glen Farm, Portsmouth RI. Dress appropriately. Make a rez for the August lobsterboil. Live the dream. Say "Hoy" to my old schoolmate Dan because I'm...
- At the opening of the kickass C.H. Gifford wrecked boat and detailed landscape show at NBAM.
- Earlier, on H.M.S. Impossible, I mentioned "a creepy old political hack" named Bernie. Seems he's a spokesman for Bristol County Sheriff Thomas Hodgson, that guy who rents a building with county money for a prisoner religious program that defies reason and constitutionality. I guess there's an official reason for Bizarro Bernie's abject religiosity: It's his job. So our local radio station has a state law enforcement staffer making ecclesiastical "commentaries." Woohoo.
- Oh, but: They're all swell guys. Good guys.
- It's the First day of Hurricane Season. Better excuse for a hurricane party? It's also a Full Moon and the First Day of June, all on a Fridoon. And nothing's made landfall yet.
- Remember I mentioned that Greenland is getting greener and Iceland has a cute vodka spokesperson? The aforementioned spokesperson is Hafdis Huld, formerly of bands you never heard of. She has almost broken into the lucrative "People Who Find Björk Inaccessible" market. Here's she and "Tomoko," her dance-y roommate. All right, they're not really roommates. That seems to be the conceit, or dramatic situation, of this promotional musical piece. The kids call it a vid:
Friday, June 1, 2007
Tendered by PJ at 5:19 AM