- The Bruins. Against the Dallas Stahs. Stars. Whatever. Former Minnesota North Stars. 8:30 tonight. The official start of Hawkee season. If you have the NESN.
- I have a memory of tying off a boat in Nova Scotia and running up into town to get some money from an ATM. Without thinking much about exchange rates, I pushed the button for "Withdraw $20" and was pleasantly surprised when I received $32 out of the machine. "I'm playing this machine all the time," I laughed to a shipmate as the Scotians in the line smiled at the Yank. Look who's laughing now.
- The countdown continues. At the end of October, the wrecking ball starts swinging down at Colonel Green's old estate. Radome down, when will I know when to turn to port to get home after a day at Newport?
- Just to let the guys at Dark Horse know I'm still on their side, Brian K Vaughan has saved Buffy Season 8.
- Next Thursday is Joan Cusack's birthday. Yes, I went to school with her hubby. I missed her by one Homecoming game and an alumni club luncheon, I think.Damn.
- And here's an ad from a company that sells billions of dollars worth of smelly soaps and creams telling you to talk to your daughter about beauty companies trying to sell them something.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Tendered by PJ at 6:19 AM