- My friend Chuck sent me this: "October 14 - Rural Cemetery Tour - 1 to 4 p.m. (Rain date October 21) -Fifth Annual Cemetery Tour is back by popular demand! - Tour Rural Cemetery(Dartmouth Street Entrance, New Bedford) with the Preservation Society and enjoy historic portrayals of New Bedford notables at gravesides along the tour route." I'd ask the marketing peoples if "the Fifth Annual... is back" means that it's at least the sixth event of its kind because the Fifth Annual would have had to have been done at least once before in order to be back as an annual event. But that would make me an asshole.
- I can, however, mock because I've stood in that cemetery on a frigid Sunday before Halloween pretending to be a "New Bedford notable." Twice.
- I happened upon this while looking for organizations "striving" to provide opportunities for workers around the SouthCoast. Because I was curious. From the bottom of the page: "The Workforce Training Fund offers both a General (more than $50,000) and Express (50 employees or less) program. If you have any questions regarding the Workforce Training Fund, call... blah blah blah." Yeah, why is your organization's acronym "WTF"?
- The 265 year-old guy (the career politician who never changes his vote, even when people want him to, the one who hurts to listen to and hard to understand when you read him) who's running for Mayor of Fall River (because his name rhymes with 'Mayor' sometimes) has suggested a "downtown entertainment zone" that would shut down traffic at certain times. I thought the local Downtown Stakeholders' initiatives have shut down traffic already.
- Y'see, because they haven't ...with the traffic because ...erm no traffic anyway...
- Here's a Downtown Stakeholder:
Friday, October 12, 2007
Tendered by PJ at 8:59 AM