- We missed Elizabeth Kucinich's birthday. It was Monday.
- A New Bedford "community activist" is waging a write-in campaign for mayor. I can't endorse his run. He accused me of being his employee because he thought the museum I worked at was a city facility (because it had "New Bedford" in its name) and thus I worked for him since (he alleged) I was paid by the city and should do whatever a citizen says. A mind that misinformed operating with such illogic. Running for office? In the SouthCoast?
- A quick note to the Fall River Office of Whoever's In Charge: If you want businesses to want to move into your town, try publicizing a political debate without telling the citizens to "act like grownups."
- So Shirley MacLaine's new book mentions that Dennis Kucinich (see above) has talked to aliens. And this is different from W talking to Jesus how?
- Last week, the wildfires in California were described as a natural result of the drier-than-average dry season, probably exascerbated by "conditions that are consistent with climate change models," combined with Santa Ana winds that come up every year, and the local authorities, although strapped, were dealing with every eventuality, as best they could with much of the state's National Guard in Iraq. But now, The W is there to help, The Fema is there, and everybody's looking for The Arsonist. At least if you've followed the teevee nooz.
- Someone called "Diddy" is promoting some "vodka" or other made of grapes. I urge this fella to come to New Bedford Saturday night and enjoy some real vodka-flavored vodka, Reyka, and see some real contemporary dance by the Iceland Dance Company at our own Zeiterion Theatre. And stop all this nonsense.
- It's IDC's first stop on the US tour. Velkominn til New Bedford! Plus, Reyka's celeb spokesperson is way better:
Friday, October 26, 2007
Tendered by PJ at 6:53 AM