- I'm appearing on Jim Butler's "Now" Community Affairs Program on New Bedford Cable Channel 95. The reason? To promote the soon-to-be-over-with Second Coming of the Gong Show to benefit the Orpheum Theatre, which I'll be hosting May 10. So. for the 8 of you clicking and waiting for Penny Dreadful, that's me and Chuck and Colin.
- In reference to a number of outlets (NB Whaling Museum, Zeiterion Theatre, and others) describing Orson Welles' Moby-Dick Rehearsed as "a staged adaptation of the classic novel by Herman Melville." First, make sure there's a hyphen. Second, the play is actually a shambling mess conceived by Welles, who thought he could inelegantly re-write the book as a smartypants King Lear dub version. But don't let that stop you. They're presenting it at The Z next Friday.
- I could never have gotten away with this look: Didn't he know the shoes would clash with the carpet?
- Now, on the subject of footwear:
- So throw the bums out. Sign here please.
- Hockey, however, transcends all of man's laws. See you at the Garden Tomorrow night.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Tendered by PJ at 7:49 AM