- I will freely admit that "reality" and I are not close. The same way some people are, oh, skeptical about "God" and "global warming." (They may not be the same people and your mileage may vary.) But as the world spins into its gunk-filled vortex of honest fact-lacking absurdity -- or McCain's campaign --- I just thought...
- Call me old-fashioned, but I think that presidents should at least walk around every so often in tails and a top hat. Or at least have a little class. On the other hand, I've been to Sturgis. Not during bike week, but, I've been there. And it's a beautiful, though unoceaned section of the oceanless interior of our once-great nation...
... and for the most part, I was sure to not invite my companions into any "Miss Buffalo Chip" pageants. Is this part of the "Vote for the Guy You'd Have a Beer With" thing?
- Hey, enjoy the whittled-down officially-not-Portuguese, but probably still Country and certainly plenty carny Fall River DecidesItBetterDoSomethingBeforeAnyoneThinksIt'sNotPartofAmerica.
- $3 a day, since charging more would be "putting on airs."
- I'll be at the Rotch-Jones-Diff House Museum enjoying the antics of my mates The Dancing Dogs as we benefit the Waterfront Historic Area LeaguE.
- Oh, and Gallery X's Public Hanging -- the show with the coolest logo so far this year -- opens this weekend too.
- So, some idiot who runs "attractions" in Salem wants a Lizzie Borden Museum. Let 'im, I say! He's not a member (in ANY kind of standing) of the American Association of Museums, so I won't work for him.
- Go to Methuen and open a Jack the Ripper Museum. Or _someplace else that doesn't make any sense_ and open a __something else you don't know anything about but might be able to put on a T-shirt__. (fill in the blanks with your suggestions)
- And then generate a bullshit lawsuit story so you generate headlines and get everybody's attention and...
- Why doesn't Fall River have a Whaling Museum? I mean, there were whalers that sailed out of Fall River. So now, Fall River can capitalize on whaling and whale oil and they could get a modern oil company to sponsor it. You know, like Hess Oil for instance, and...
- Um, never mind.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Tendered by PJ at 5:00 AM