- I've been trying to publish this for a day now. I've recreated it a bunch of times, but Blogger has decided to delete it every time and publish a saved version from early this week.
- You see, there's an option which allows me to craft "Soles'n'Bowls" and then type in the date and time for publishing. When that didn't work, I added bits to an older version and tried to publish that. What you see above as "solesnbowls" is that.
- I stand by what I said yesterday because I am impatient with the technology, not because people suck.
- And besides, if I'm ordered to set topsails, I set topsails. I don't delete topsails.
- Newly-mysterious mystery woman and BooBoo nemesis ("nemetrix"?) Keri Rodrigues has a blog in which she does basically what I do: complain about the Durfee Hilltopper Alumni Sociopathic Entitled Elite & Childish Aggression Club. The latest installment shares the comments of some local knuckledragger who excels at one of the old mill town's favorite pastimes: Defending the inappropriate act of a politician because it's "Fall River Funny."
- Someone who is far more proud of his hometown is Bitterandrew from Armagideon Time. He's launched a new vessel yclept pronounced WOO-BIN, which plies the rawky shawline of the suburban Boston lingua loca.
- And just in time, because in her newest work, The Wordy Shipmates, Sarah Vowell devotes more than a full sentence to mentioning and quoting captain and carpenter Edward Johnson, a founder of Woburn, from which all those "-tons" originated. You know: Wilmington, Burlington, Stoneham...
- I was thinking about Burlington while all this Lehman stuff broke. I worked in Burlington for a company called "Shearson-Lehman Brothers," which was like Lehman, only last century. I'm sure the inelegant twits I worked for all got millions in severance for crashing their departments. Serves them right.
- Looking for something to do with all the extra FAILcash? I received this recently:
Make a donation to Planned Parenthood. In Sarah Palin's name. And here's the good part: when you make a donation to PP in her name, they'll send her a card telling her that the donation has been made in her honor. Here's the link to the Planned Parenthood website:
You'll need to fill in the address to let PP know where to send the "in Sarah Palin's honor" card. I suggest you use the address for the McCain campaign headquarters, which is:
McCain for President
1235 S. Clark Street
Arlington, VA 22202
- Well, here goes. It looked better with the chart atop, anyway.
- Oh. And it's Talk Like A Hollywood Stereotype of Vile Maritime Criminals Day! Woo-hoo.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Tendered by PJ at 9:23 AM