- Around this time last year, I heard Van Jones speak at the Bioneers shindig, and since the Bioneers are taking over the city of New Bedford later this month (I'll get around to that), it's good to see that Green Solutions is proactively getting up in the local economy's face and threatening to create actual jobs providing Twenty-First Century technological solutions that address home energy demands.Now, if somebody can just fashion a logo that doesn't feature somebody breaking into a skylight with a hammer.
- Mural mania has hit the Whaling City. The above event features ThirdEye and others graphically redecorating the New Wave Cafe all afternoon, and the rest of the artists in New Bedford spend the morning painting a mural of New Bedford on that wall on Quansett Street, across from the Taber Mill. Which reminds me of the guy who painted a map of Boston, life size. Steven Wright, I think.
- That is, the hundred other ones who aren't showing off their Open Studios.
- At The Narrows Center for the Arts: Patty Larkin tonight Marshall Crenshaw tomorrow.
- "Team of mavericks." Isn't that a "herd"?
- Another woman who's smarter than that vulgar vice-presidential also-ran Lowest Common Denominator phony aw shucks wolf-shooting and moose-dressing golly you betcha :
- Sure, I was too old for Wonder Years, but, dude: She co-authored the Chayes-McKellar-Winn proof ("Percolation and Gibbs States Multiplicity for Ferromagnetic Ashkin-Teller Models on Z²") while she was an undergrad at UCLA and wrote two BESTSELLING books about math for young women, Math Doesn't Suck and Kiss My Math.
- Plus: I'm pretty sure that she can pronounce "nuclear" correctly.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Tendered by PJ at 6:58 AM